Call for Entries: The Idaho Japanese Association is looking for a new T-shirt design! The winning design will be used for our new T-shirt debuting at Japan Day 2020 (September 7th) and for the posters advertising the event beforehand. The contest is open to anyone who wants to share their artistic creativity.
- One Color
- Size no more than 12inx18in
- Resolution at least 300 dpi
- Vector format (.ai or .eps) preferred, but other formats will be accepted
- Design Concept: Traditional Japan
- Design should contain the words “Idaho Japanese Association”
- Design should contain artist’s signature
- Copyrighted, trademarked products, packaging, brand names, and advertisements may not be used within the design.
- We reserve the right to make modifications as needed.
- $150 cash prize
- 2 T-shirts
Deadline: March 31st, 2020, 11:59 PM MST
Submission: Sent via e-mail to the Idaho Japanese Association board (email@example.com). If the file is too large for e-mail, please upload to a service such as dropbox and send the link.
The competition will be judged by a panel of 2 judges with degrees in Fine Arts and the Association Board of Directors on the following criteria (40 points maximum):
- Appropriateness of poster to multiple audiences – 10 points.
- Creative and original artwork and idea – 10 points.
- Attractiveness in terms of design and neatness of layout – 10 points.
- Cultural Relevance – 10 points.
Selections will be announced mid-April on Facebook and the winner contacted via e-mail.